Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

3am packing

The hours are ticking down as I watch the clock on my computer screen. Decided to stay up tonight as I have a 7 hour layover in San Fran where I can crash as well as a 12 hour plane ride ahead of me. Went over some last minute things with the madre (mom) as well as drove up to Seattle to pick up my $100 watch that CJ was excited to wear. Said my goodbyes and headed home. In the process of doing laundry and slowly packing... I have one suitcase to take with me as I don't want to pay the extra $50 for Air New Zealand to take a second bag. Funny how this one bag is housing my life for 2 years. I figure the rest of the stuff I can pick up once I am already there. Things like clothing, hygiene, etc. Traveling light is easier said than done, though.

Off to the airport at about 10 to make sure I get everything checked in and through security for 1130 boarding. This flight isn't too bad as it is domestic, but for my Auckland flight at 2100 I'll get there relatively early as it is international. Then a nice hop over to Australia and through customs at 8am! I'll be posting here once I get to San Fran as well as do a video blog. So stay tuned!

Cheers.

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment